Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Motorcycles can be a fun, exciting and convenient way of getting around, but owning and operating one includes many risks and exposures. Every time you hop on your bike, even a slight slip of a tire or lapse in attention could lead to devastating injuries, catastrophic accidents and significant financial consequences. Certain incidents and perils may be unavoidable regardless of how safe and experienced you are. With these things in mind, it’s essential to maintain sufficient motorcycle insurance.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
There are many similarities between motorcycle insurance and standard auto insurance you might purchase for your car. These policies may be personalized to suit your needs and preferences, but generally, adequate motorcycle coverage should include some combination of the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage
- Property damage liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Custom parts coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
What Is Liability Insurance for Motorcycles?
Liability insurance is generally required by law for motorcycle owners to ensure that parties affected by incidents for which you were at fault are able to receive financial compensation. Your motorcycle insurance should include the following:
- Bodily injury liability coverage—If you are responsible for an accident that injures another party, such as another driver or a pedestrian, this coverage can help pay for their losses, such as medical expenses.
- Property damage liability coverage—This coverage can compensate third parties for losses involving their property, such as collisions with their vehicle or crashing into their property.
Liability insurance may also provide financial assistance for legal fees if a third party sues you.
Understanding Collision and Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance
Two other core components of an adequate motorcycle insurance policy are collision and comprehensive coverage. These coverages can provide ample financial protection from incidents that damage your motorcycle. Consider the following:
- Collision coverage can help pay to repair or replace your bike if it’s damaged by colliding with another motor vehicle or a stationary object, such as a building, fence or sign.
- Comprehensive coverage generally provides financial assistance for losses not included in collision coverage, such as fires, criminal activity (e.g., theft, vandalism) and severe weather events.
Taking your motorcycle out on the road can be thrilling and enjoyable, but even the most responsible riders may eventually be involved in costly accidents. Furthermore, your motorcycle represents a significant financial investment, and certain incidents can also cause significant losses while your bike is parked.
We’re here to help. With over 60 years of experience serving individuals, families and businesses on the North Shore of Massachusetts, the dedicated staff at Nicholas A. Consoles Insurance Agency are well-equipped to help you assess and address your motorcycle insurance needs. Contact us today to get started.