General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
General Liability Insurance Information
Your everyday business operations could lead to costly lawsuits if your business is accused of causing third-party bodily injury or property damage. General liability insurance, also called commercial general liability insurance or business liability insurance, can help provide financial protection from these losses.
Finding the right insurance for your business takes time and effort. Contact Consoles Insurance Agency in Peabody, Massachusetts, to learn more about our general liability insurance coverage options.
What Is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance is a type of business insurance that can help pay for common liability claims (e.g., a customer is hurt at your store). Such claims are common and can potentially cause financial hardship and even bankruptcy.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
Although individual policies may vary, here are some common general liability insurance coverages to consider:
- Bodily injury liability may help pay for costs (e.g., legal fees, lost wages) arising from allegations that your business caused physical injuries to third parties.
- Medical payments coverage (MedPay) may help cover medical bills for nonemployees (e.g., clients and customers) if they require medical attention after an injury caused by your business.
- Completed operations coverage may help pay for repairs or replacements to third-party property if it’s damaged because of your company’s operations.
- Property damage liability may help pay for property damage your business causes to third parties as part of your standard business operations or services.
- Personal and advertising injury liability may help pay for settlements, legal fees and other costs if your business is accused of using stolen advertising ideas, causing personal injury (e.g., defamation, slander) or publishing false or misleading statements.
Do I Need General Liability Insurance?
Typically, general liability insurance is not legally required. However, in some states, it may be required for businesses in specific industries. In other cases, clients or customers may require you to carry general liability insurance to do business with them. Whether or not general liability insurance is strictly required, procuring the right coverage is an essential part of risk management. Contact Consoles Insurance Agency to learn more about our insurance solutions.
Do I Need General Liability Insurance if I Work from Home?
If you run your business out of your home, your homeowners insurance will generally not cover business-related losses, including customer or client injuries on your property. Here are some examples of incidents that could lead to general liability claims for your home business:
- You’re accused of negligence.
- You’re accused of causing personal injury.
- You’re accused of selling faulty products.
- A customer or client is injured at your home.
Where Can I Buy General Liability Insurance
The agents at Consoles Insurance Agency can help you get started with an insurance quote. Contact us today to learn more about our insurance options and to speak to an agent.